This walk is one of two from The Green, at Godstone (click here for directions) to The Whyte Harte Inn at Bletchingley.
- From the car park, walk west along the southern boundary of The Green, with the bowls and tennis clubs on your left. At the end, turn left into a residential road and walk ahead until the road becomes a lane without footways. Cross the road and enter a path on the right which climbs, then runs along the top of the bank next to the road, and finally descends to the road again. Continue along the road until you reach a house on the left (Eden Brook) with the gate to Garston Park next to it on the left.
- Go through the kissing gate to your left and walk up the drive, following it round to the right at the top until you pass a house on your left. Just after this the drive bears sharp left. Cross the stile directly in front of you to enter a path enclosed between wooden fences. Cross a stile at the end of the path to enter a field. Turn diagonally to your right and cross the corner of the field, to another stile.
- Once over this stile follow the enclosed path to another stile. Cross it, then walk ahead along the left hand side of the field (with a steep drop beyond the fence to your left) crossing another stile and walking ahead until you reach a road at a T-junction. Cross the road and walk down the hill directly ahead (there are no footways here).
- Continue ahead when the road emerges from the trees until you reach a house on your right with black-painted exposed beams and white stucco walls. Turn right into the field immediately before the house and follow the left hand field boundary as it goes downhill, then bears right and left uphill to enter an enclosed path. After you have passed some houses on your right, continue ahead until you reach a road.
- Turn left onto the road and walk past a house on the left to where the road bears sharply left. Enter the footpath straight ahead (on the right hand side of the road) and follow it, ignoring all side paths, for just under a half mile until the path bears sharp right and uphill in a gully. Continue to follow the path when it emerges for the trees and goes straight ahead uphill between fences to meet a path running from right to left and a t-junction.
- Turn left onto the path and follow it downhill until you read a small pond on your left with an iron railing alongside the path. Turn right here and enter a field. Walk along the left hand side of the field until the boundary curves to the right, then pass through an opening in the fence to your left to emerge by a small group of houses. Walk straight ahead uphill to the road. Turn right and walk about one hundred yards to meet the A25 in Bletchingley. The Whyte Harte is to your left.