This walk is one of three from The Green, at Godstone (click here for directions) to The Barley Mow, at Tandridge. The Barley Mow is a very dog-friendly pub. The three walks are also described in the opposite direction. "Mix and match" them to make the circular walk of your choice.
- Cross the road from The Green and enter the path to the right of The White Hart. Enter the path between the White Hart Barn and the St. Nicholas Youth Centre and walk along the tarmac path alongside The Bay Ponds nature reserve. At the far end, cross Church Road and enter the churchyard. Follow the path to the right of the church and continuing downhill, exiting from the rear of the churchyard at the bottom of the hill. Follow the path across a footbridge and alongside a lake to your left. At the end of the lake, bear right until you reach a gate ahead. Bear left up the hill, keeping to the fence on the right, and at the top of the hill the path bears to the right along a track through some trees.
- At the far end of the path, you will emerge into an arable field. Turn right and follow the right-hand field boundary downhill, exiting to the right by a telegraph pole and onto a track. Turn left onto this track and follow it round to the left alongside a single storey building. Continue to a barrier across the track with a path to the right just after it. Carry on straight ahead past the path and through an arch under the A22.
- Immediately after the arch, turn right onto a bridleway and follow it, ignoring the footpath which cuts across. This path may be muddy in places. Continue along the path until you reach a road (Jackass Lane) opposite a house. Turn right onto the road and follow it until it meets Tandridge Lane at a junction, with a grassy area to the left.
- Cross Tandridge Lane, turn left, and take the first entrance on the right. This path is not waymarked but has a sign for a Farm Shop. Walk down the track, past the Farm Shop and continue straight ahead until the path levels out, with a barn on your left and a pasture field on your right.
- Go through a metal kissing gate in the corner of the field on the right and follow the path diagonally back across the field, climbing a gentle slope. Continue ahead alongside a wood on your right and into the corner of the field. Pass through another metal kissing gate and enter an enclosed path which runs downhill and curves to the left.
- When the path emerges onto a hard surface by some garages, continue straight ahead following the road past some houses on the left. At the end, the road curves to the right and you will find yourself at the back entrance of The Barley Mow. The Ramblers Rest bar is at the rear of the pub and there should be buckets of water outside for washing the worst of the mud off your boots.