This is one of the routes from The Barley Mow back to The Green, at Godstone.
- Walk up the road behind the pub that curves to the left and uphill. Walk past the houses on the right and then, when you see some garages in front of you, enter the footpath to the right that continues uphill and bears to the right. Pass through the metal kissing gate at the end and enter a large field.
- Continue straight ahead with the field boundary on your left and then, where the left hand boundary swings away, continue straight across the field and downhill to a metal kissing gate in the far field boundary. Pass through the gate and turn left onto the track beyond. Walk past the barn on your right and follow the track uphill, past a farm entrance on your left and continue ahead until you reach a road (Tandridge Lane). Turn left and cross the road to a triangle of grass and enter the road to your right (Jackass Lane).
- Walk down Jackass Lane until you reach a house on your right and then enter the footpath on the left directly opposite it. Follow this path, ignoring the other footpath that crosses it, until you reach a house on your right. Turn left here and walk under the bridge which carries the A22 over the footpath. Continue straight ahead until you reach a barrier across the track (it is only there to stop cars, not people). Pass the barrier and the path to your left.
- Continue straight ahead past the house on your left and round the bend to the right. Turn right and enter the field by the telegraph pole. Turn left in the field and follow the left hand field boundary. Go past the path off to the left (from which you exited or your way to Tandridge) and continue to follow the field boundary uphill, then left, downhill and to the right, until you reach the corner of the field. If you have dogs with you, watch them closely here as there is an ungated gap leading directly out onto the A22 at this point.
- Turn left into the trees and follow the path until you emerge into the churchyard. Follow the path along the right hand side of the graveyard, round to the right of the church, and then straight ahead to Church Lane. Turn left across the road and then turn right into the tarmac path which leads back past The Bay Ponds to the White Hart and The Green.