- You are entitled to divert from the path in order to get round an obstruction.
- If it is a natural obstruction, like a fallen tree or overhanging vegetation, clear it if you can; otherwise report it. The Highway Authority has a statutory obligation to clear such obstructions.
- If it is a fence, or other man-made obstruction, do not cut it or damage it as this may be regarded as criminal damage. Report it. The landowner may be committing a criminal offence.
If you wish to report a problem you have found on a path in Kent, click here. Then :
- pan and zoom to find the path
- click on the path at the point where the fault is
- scroll down to the two drop-down lists to give more information about the fault
- type any other comments in the box
- click on "Submit"
You can set up an account with your email address and a password and they will keep you updated on the progress of work.