Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin.
Tim Vine

Click to visit

You need to apply to the Highway Authority.  Whether you will succeed, or not, depends on how many people have been using the path, and for how long.  You need to have been using the path without restriction by the landowner.  If a path is a Permissive Path (ie. one used by the public with the landowner's permission) he only has to close it for one day each year to prevent it from becoming a Public Right of Way.