This is where I thank all the people who have helped make Westerham Ramblers (and this website) a success.
First of all I must thank Dudley Turner - who is sadly no longer with us. He and Terry Kempton founded this group back in 1996, and after Terry moved away a few years later, Dudley ran this group up until 2015. It is fair to say that without Dudley, this group would not exist, and we will always be grateful for this.
Next I would like to thank Zeanne Codner who designed and built this website for us - and has shown great patience with those amongst us who look after the site did to day who are less technically adept than she is.
I would next like to thank all the walk leaders for spending their time to research and then lead suitable walks for us to do. Past and present leaders have included Dudley Turner, Jean Turner, Carol Vening, Roger Sawyers, Giana Skinner, Zeanne Codner, Mike Evans, Terry Kempton, Ann Beard, Linda Holloway, Graham Kenward, Peter King, Steve Draper, John Williams, Miles Harvey, Alan Turner, Neil Turner, Mick Rowe, Sue Rowe, Margaret Bishop, Des Bishop, Reg Fry, Ann Kerr, Carol Eagles, Jean Bossley, Annette Glazebrook, Christine O'Brien, Connie Mott, Jan Shepherd, Mary Hayward, Katy Secombe, Roger Pearce, Hazel Dixon, Brenda Onslow, Tony Thomsit and Christine Thomsit.
Thank you also to the various members who have supplied photographs to be added to the site, particularly Veronica's Facebook links, which allow me to include loads of photos without taking up much space.
Then a thank you to the people who have helped to publicise our walks
- Angela Howells and Debbie Marshall at Westerham Town Council for putting our programme on the town notice boards,
- Roger Sawyers for getting us into the Tatsfield Parish Magazine,
- Helena Hayward for including us in the Westerham and Brasted Gazette
- Jane Mary Hunter for adding a link to our programme and for adding our walks to the Westerham Calendar on the "Visit Westerham" website
- Ginnie Millard for her item in the Sevenoaks Chronicle
- Carole Mills and Michele Hudson for putting our programme on the Westerham Library noticeboard
Also to Nicky Biddall and Phillipa Gates, of Kent and Surrey County Councils respectively, for responding to our reports of blocked paths and faulty stiles.
Lastly, to all the regular (and occasional) walkers who come with us, in many cases with their dogs, who make the whole thing such a pleasure.